Previously, a former Downing Street official told us that talks in Westminster about action following Andrew's arrest were bound to gain momentum (as of 1:08 p.m.) – and we are already seeing that happen.
Here are some of the politicians who spoke out on the matter today…
Bridget Phillipson
The education secretary said the UK government was prepared to take further steps, telling Trevor Phillips on Sunday morning: “We are not ruling anything out on this.”
She said the government would “consider all reasonable proposals” when asked about the possibility of an independent, judge-led inquiry.
But, Phillipson added, the government would not take any further action until police had “been able to do their job” and a live investigation was underway.
Robert Jenrick
One of Reform UK's latest recruits said the party would support a possible government bill to remove Andrew – who has denied wrongdoing – from the line of succession.
Gillian Keegan
However, the former education minister issued a warning. She said Andrew's case was “to the police and that's where he should be now”.
Keegan added that the chances of Andrew, eighth in line to the throne, becoming king were “zero” and suggested that any parliamentary intervention would be purely symbolic.
“We all know that when you put legislation through Parliament and have to talk to 14 Commonwealth countries, that could become a much broader debate than just succession,” she said.
“Maybe people want this debate. Personally, I'm a big fan of the royal family… and I think they're usually a great advertisement for our country.”